Thursday, January 26, 2012

Happy 175th Anniversary to Michigan!

I make no secret of the fact that I am kind of obsessed with Michigan (hence the subject matter of this blog)!  There is no where else my husband CJ and I would rather live- unless, of course, we won the lottery, in which case we would immediately move to Oahu, build a giant beachy mansion, forget what snow is, get breakfast at Ted's everyday and drink mai tais all day long until the end of time...


ANYWAY, I digress.

Back to the Mitten.  Where the fun never stops.  Seriously.  Where else can you...

SEE THINGS LIKE THIS!
Ambassador Bridge, Summer 2011
Hockey Night at the Joe- go Wings!
CJ: Corktown.  Detroit, MI
Lake Charlevoix- Sunset.

The beautiful Depot- Detroit.

Me with a vintage beauty- Boyne Falls, MI.
CJ captures a scavenger's work- Southfield, MI.
Self explanatory- Up North!

GO AND EAT *THINGS/AT PLACES* LIKE THIS!
Lafayette Coney Island
Lake Street Market- Boyne City, Up North
Hard Luck Candy Vodka- made in the Mitten.

Astro Coffee, Corktown, Detroit

Polish Village Cafe, Hamtramck 
Super patriotic cakes (made by me) with Michigan berries

Dutch Girl Donuts- 7 Mile & Woodward

HAVE FRIENDS & FAMILY LIKE THIS!
Me & Mom- Up North!

The Fam- X-Mas 2011
NYE 2011

Me & Sis (full disclosure- not in Michigan, but NYC)
CJ & I in an X-Mas eve pile up w/ Jaclyn (best sister in law ever!!) and our crazy cousins!
Jess & me- Pine Knob, where it all began...
Future Homemakers of America Club- me & Erica
CJ with Pruitt.  One of his best friends...
...and one of mine!
Me & CJ on our first date- Michigan State Fair.  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment