Tuesday, February 28, 2012

BBQ & Beer, Babes & Boys, BOWLING!

CJ and I went to Ann Arbor on Saturday to have a fun send off for my dear friend Jess before she moves to Texas.  To study birds.  On an animal sanctuary.  In the middle of nowhere.  For six months.  In Texas!  That girl really loves her some nature, I'll tell you what.

Me, CJ, Jess & Jess' b.f. Joe went to the Blue Tractor.

From upper left: coasters (duh), beer sampler, fried pickles, angus sliders






It was pretty good, and I liked that it had kind of a Texas-y vibe, since that's where Jess is headed.  You know, cause there was beer and BBQ and it was called the Blue Tractor.  Sounds Texas-y to me, anyway!  Plus, there were fried pickles, so that was all I really needed to be sold on the place.

Jess: lover of nature and wildlife.  Also, owner of a super cool octopus bracelet that I want to steal!


THEN, we did this!


And lemme tell you, that sign speaks the truth.  It really is always a party at Colonial Lanes...especially on a Saturday night!  Even if you're not bowling, the people watching is worth checking out.


Neon, neon!


Action shot!  CJ goes for it.  Um, also in this shot you can see the TV above the lane, which I thought was totally weird and distracting.  I blame my super, SUPER low score on TV related distraction.


For those of you who did not go to middle school with Jess, one of her many nicknames is Sloth.  Draw your own conclusions...


Insert your favorite Big Lebowski quote here.  My favorite is "Dude, you're being very un-dude like."  Also, I love "Donnie, you're out of your element!"  So, basically any John Goodman line.


Action shot!  Joe throws one with intensity.  Apparently he wasn't distracted by the huge TV.



We didn't win any Angry Birds, BUT we still had fun!  We'll miss you Jess! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment